Water Sciences & Insights was founded in the first year of the millennium as a web-based, live, and interactive forum for exploring water and its myriad processes within the universe. Such explorations encompass the sciences, ancient traditions, naturalism, and related disciplines that present an opportunity to consciously formulate, or reformulate, perceptions of water. In this capacity, there is an emphasis on exploring and coalescing diverse perspectives and insights. A key to meeting our challenges with water may be moving beyond the commonly held views that created those challenges. Such a transition could emerge from our "knowing" water according to many different modalities.
The web-based components of this forum consist of:
• a preview of the books Universal Water, Altered Perceptions, and Hydromimicry;
• access to the archived radio program Exploring Water's Essence;
• an evolving collection of presentations about and insights into water;
• a list of books, articles, and documentaries exploring water or water issues.
The live and interactive components of this forum consist of:
• lectures and workshops addressing water quality and perception issues;
• opportunities for people to experience water in unique natural settings;
• critiques of and assistance with a wide range of water-related projects.
A Multimedia Water Forum by DL 'West' Marrin, PhD
The forum originated with a series of informal lectures by West, whose fascination with water may be traced to a lifetime of experiential
and intellectual endeavors. His career includes teaching, consulting, and applied research through nonprofit organizations, universities,
and private corporations (click here
for more on his background).